Monday, July 23, 2007

I've Been Busy Potting

I know I promised a new post, but I got distracted this weekend. The new Harry Potter book came out and I had to read the whole damn thing because I didn't want someone to accidentally spoil the end for me.

All I have to say is "Wow!"

I know, some of you out there are thinking, this is a grown man, right? Well, I started reading the first book when I heard it was all the rage for kids. My daughter was reading it and I wanted to know what all the hub-bub was about. So there I was on the daily commuter train reading a children's book. At first, I'll admit, I was a little embarrassed. But the more I read, the more sucked into Harry's world I became.

Needless to say, I've read them all and the last one doesn't disappoint. I won't say another word because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't already read it. Even the smallest slip could lead someone to a conclusion and if they are right, I'd feel terrible.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You finished it already! I am very jealous as I am only at the wedding.

Thanks for the great review though. I have very purposely been avoiding all reviews afraid of a spoiler and yours was perfect!

Jim said...

Wedding? Oh no you've ruined it!

Just kidding. I did the same thing f reading it in two days so no one could spoil anything for me. Now I have to wait for the husband to read it before i lift the embargo on all things Potter.

I thought this book was better than book number 6.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Yes - this was better than 6 - I agree with Jim. It was a good ride.

Now, I wonder, if she'll do lots of short stories or edit fanfic anthologies or what's next for her?

thephoenixnyc said...

I am on page 300, I am a grown man, and I am and HP fanatic.