Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Good Morning New Hampshire

They are voting as I write. They started voting at midnight and so far, Obama and McCain are winning. But the big story seems to be Hillary Clinton starting to tear-up before the cameras. There seems to be two schools of thought on this one.
First, that she just got a little emotional and if you are feeling generous, feels very passionate about what she is attempting to do. Or more if you are feeling less generous, the pressures of a primary campaign where she is fighting tooth and nail have taken their toll and she's a bit frazzled.

Second, that is was all a ploy to make her more likable, particularly to women voters.

Personally, as a past Clintonista, I think the second option sounds too desperate for Hillary this early in the race. She is much more likely to come out swinging than she is to try a bank shot like that. Not her style, in my humble opinion.

So, is New Hampshire ready to vote for a Presidential candidate who chokes-up with emotion in public? Your guess is as good as mine, but frankly, I don't think it's going to help her one bit.

Whatever the case may be, in the immortal words of Mr. Paul Tully, former DNC political director, "Why am I so happy? Because the people are voting Mr. P_____, they are finally voting."

R.I.P. Paul, we miss you.

A Google News search for those who want to read all about Ms. Clinton's teary-eyed moment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I will give you a topic. Health care.

The T-Dude said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

And it's the charming Hillary from Canoga Park up next in her bid for the semi-finals...

Hi, Hillary...howya doin?

Oh...you were the girl that was stuck to seat 38 on Phydeaux III.

Hillary's the kind of Red-Blooded American Girl who'll do anything.. I said anything for the nomination!!

Anonymous said...

So much for polls! I don't know anybody who saw that coming.

Anonymous said...

I am picturing the scene in Stripes where John Candy is in the mud wrestling pit taking on the female wrestlers. They are biting him, pulling his nose, and kicking him. Finally, he has had enough and smacks one of them knocking her down. She says "You hit me! I'm a girl!" When he goes to help her up she flips him onto his back and proceeds to kick the shit out of him.

I see Obama as John Candy and Hillary's little teary eyed moment as the "You hit me! I'm a girl!" moment in the movie. It sure seemed to work.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I implore america, please no hillary, please!!!!

p.s. Phil, lmao love your first comment. I say that all the damn time and no one knows what verklempt means when I say it!