Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"She's an idiot."

I was going to post about Sarah Palin, but my wife beat me to the punch. In fact, she summed it up rather nicely. Check it out here.

But I will say this:

The Republican's are so worried about her performance tomorrow that they are intentionally trying to drive down expectations. There have been "leaks" talking about how Sarah Palin wasn't doing well in debate prep. There are only two reasons for there ever to be leaks like this.

1) A campaign staffer is trying to make sure that the world knows that this mess isn't his/her fault.

or

2) They want to drive down expectations so that the media will report that she did better than people thought she would.

Honestly, if she successfully converts oxygen into carbon dioxide, I think there will be people saying she did better than expected. Mere respiration without a mistake, that will show me more than I expect.

Don't buy it folks. Listen to her words, watch her attitude. Don't listen to what anyone, including me says. Make up your own mind based not on expectations, but on actual performance. If you do that, I'm sure you'll do the right thing in the voting booth.

3 comments:

TheHMC said...

Your wife did do a good job. I actually have a half finished blog post from last night in which I was.....going off on how much I can't stand that woman. I had to step away from the computer because I got too worked up.
Way to go Carolyn..she hit the nail on the head as usual.

Martini said...

She sure seemed to brag a lot, but I thought she did very well and overall the debate as a whole was far more civilized that the joke of a debate we had in Canada at the same time with all our political clowns seated around a table argueing with each other like 5 year olds.

Life Of An Emt said...

"Honestly, if she successfully converts oxygen into carbon dioxide, I think there will be people saying she did better than expected. Mere respiration without a mistake, that will show me more than I expect."

OMFG I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I am at work and my co-workers are looking at me like I have lost my ever loving mind.