Saturday, March 13, 2010

Quick Hits: Now with Lesbians Getting Screwed

Prom Night

From CBS:  "Senior Constance McMillen, 18, was ready for the prom. She even had a date. But the problem at Itawamba County Agricultural High School, says Strassmann, was her sophomore -- girlfriend."


So what did the high school do?  They cancelled prom.  Now this girl's school mates are pissed at her because they blame her for the prom getting cancelled. 

Is this 1940? They'd rather cancel the dance and screw all the kids than let two girls go together as a couple.

We'll just slide this one in at number 22 on the long list of reasons I could never live in the south.

CBS: Southern School Cancels Prom to Prevent Same Sex Date.

Drummed Out of the Air Force by the Local Fuzz

Rapid City, SD police outed a lesbian Air Force sergeant to the military resulting in her getting discharged.

The cops were looking to arrest Sgt Jene Newsome's wife on an Alaskan warrent for theft. Sgt. Newsome didn't give the police the level of cooperation they were looking for, so they told the Air Force base command that the Sgt was married...to a woman. 
"Police officers, who said they spotted the marriage license on the kitchen table through a window of Newsome's home, alerted the base, police Chief Steve Allender said in a statement sent to the AP. The license was relevant to the investigation because it showed both the relationship and residency of the two women, he said."
Saw it through a window? It was just sitting on the table? I know that's where I keep mine, right next to the salt and pepper shaker.

I call "bullshit" on this one.  They were pissed that the lesbian wasn't helping them so they screwed her over with the military. I hope the ACLU really porks these cops in court.

MSNBC: Cops out lesbian to military

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole prom thing...gets me very angry. Seriously? The kid can't bring her girlfriend, wear what she wants (a tux is way less controversial than what I've seen in Prom wear these days) and so they cancel it? Footloose wasn't a story about the past, it's a prediction for the future. Crazy! - Kitten

The T-Dude said...

No kidding! They will let girls dress like high-end hookers as long as they have a hormone filled BOY on their arm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheHMC said...

I just don't get it....I never have. I've almost run out of words on the issue and the only ones I have left aren't very nice. I'm so sick of people not being able to just live their lives. I just had a convo with the husband the other night about this same kind of stuff. I told him that I almost prefer homosexual people just based off the simple fact that aside from all of this shit they have to deal with, they still choose to be themselves and not hide or be righteous just to make other people happy and comfortable. And a lot of us "regular folks" aren't even close to being that true to ourselves.

I agree with you both.

The T-Dude said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. There is almost something liberating about the whole openly gay thing. The "I am what I am, f#%$ing deal" is good. But the fact that they still have to deal with people who think it is an issue just pisses me off.

Jim said...

Stop mainstreaming the gays! We'll have nothing left to be exciting about!

(written by one of the most boring assimilated gay people you can find. Yawn.)

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Candice said...

Wow!

I went stag with a few of my girlfriends to my Sr prom because my boyfriend was over 21 at the time. (ha!)

I mean, it was a different situation in that I wasn't hittin' that, but still.